100 Day Project 2021

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Scene & Story - November 2017



Recently I attended a photo slideshow presented by Tim Ernst, an Arkansas nature photographer. For about twenty minutes you relax, listen to soothing music, and soak in the beauty of nature. The photographs were from his current photo book, Arkansas Beauty. Not only does he take amazing photographs, but after the presentation he has some great stories to tell about his adventures in the woods of Arkansas. Something he said this year stuck with me. He told us that if we don't get out there with our cameras, we're not going to take great pictures. So many of his photos were a result of being in the right place at the right time and then taking his time composing the shot. His words encouraged me to get out more at different times of the day. One morning I chose to go outside to watch the sunrise. It was worth the effort! The sun illuminating the clouds was breathtaking. It made me realize once again that even though I've lived here for over forty years, there are still new and beautiful things to see. I just need to get out there.


* * * * *
If you would like to see a little bit of Arkansas Beauty,  just click right here.

* * * * *
I'm linking with Scene & Story hosted
by Sarah and Lee.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not an early morning riser, but when I do make it up before sunrise it's always worth it. Your shot is stunning - those amazing rays! Your lesson learned this month is very similar to mine. I've love having you be part of this group each month, my friend. Now I'm clicking over to see more of that Arkansas Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I had to come back and say "thank you" for that link! I've never been to Arkansas and had no idea it looked like THAT! His photography is inspirational and beyond beautiful. Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle to get out of bed early - when I don't have to - but never regret it. The rays on the clouds are stunning. You did a wonderful job capturing the beauty, it must have been awe inspiring to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This advice goes through my head a lot. I should just do it: Get out with my camera. I love the light in your photo and the lines leading right into the heavens. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awesome slide presentation. I have focused a lot on sunrise this year, but maybe next year there will be sunset photos. I am such a morning person it is hard to keep the energy level up for evening. Great photo of the clouds and sky, now we just need some music :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat to see the photography and hear the stories behind the scene of this photographer. His name is new to me. I'll have to look him up. Thanks for the introduction to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so simple, right? Go out, otherwise you won't take great pictures. So true, and I wonder why this is so difficult sometimes. I love your sunrise picture - I remember how rewarding it often was to leave the warmth of the bed and go out on cold winter mornings to watch the sunrise. Hard at first, but so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for you thoughtful words Cathy and for the link to the Arkansas Beauty pics - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So right, Cathy. Get outside and look carefully. There is always something both new and beautiful. I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a simply beautiful moment you offered yourself, Cathy. Yes, it's always good to renew ourselves and discover new things and new ways!
    I am late posting for this month's Scene and Story as I've just come home from being away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!