100 Day Project 2021

Friday, November 17, 2017

Don't Fight The Wind


This year will not go down in the record books as a gorgeous autumn. Once again it's been too dry and the temperatures too warm. The rains came and the temperatures finally cooled down a bit, but it was just a little too late. The last few days have been windy with overcast skies and a little rain. The gusting wind today has the leaves falling from the trees and dancing across the yard. I think my neighbor's leaves are all dancing over to my yard!


In spite of the wind, I was determined to take some leaf pictures before all the leaves were gone. In order to not get super blurry pictures of blowing leaves, I started looking for leaves that were caught on something.


Much to my surprise, they were everywhere. All I had to do was get out there and look.


Naturally a good majority of the leaves I found were caught on the branches of small bushes and vines.






There were also quiet a few caught on our neighbor's chain link fence.


My favorites, though, were the ones caught in the Juniper tree. The dark green needles made the color of the leaves brilliant.


I'm glad I finally decided there wasn't any point in trying to fight the wind. I just needed to get a little creative and find a way to work around it!

~

"Autumn doesn't always promise that Winter will come,
but she works hard until every colored leaf
has reached its destination."
~ Terri Guillemets

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots of the autumn leaves, Cathy. I also love the quotation that you have chosen. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found a creative way around the wind! I really do feel as though we missed autumn this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous leaves and it is amazing how we can solve problems when we need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos Cathy. You managed to make even the leaves with less than inspiring colours attractive and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like fall everywhere this year wasn't quite up to its usual colorful standards. And the wind! Yes, we've had that, too. I like your determination to capture some leaf photos, and your creative solution for beating the wind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!