100 Day Project 2021

Saturday, February 8, 2014

For Gramma's Guys and anyone else who loves snow!

Gramma finally got some snow! Not much, but it did finally cover the ground in white. The one thing I don't like about going out in the snow is having to get dressed warmly...two pair of socks, insulated underwear, jeans, sweatshirt, scarf, and toboggan. Then, I must put on my boots, my coat and gloves!   I'm burning up before I ever get out the door.  Does that happen to you?
 

As soon as I got outside I headed for the potting shed to get some seeds for the birds. They were chattering away. I guess they like the cold or they were telling me to hurry and get that seed!
 

After that I headed down to the pasture.


I wanted to take a picture of the old railroad trestle for you.

 
There wasn't anyone out there but me and the rabbits. Do you see where the blue arrow is pointing on my shoe?  I discovered that my shoe had cracked open, so I put some Duck tape on it!  I didn't want my toes to get wet!  It's a shame I don't have any pretty Duck tape! Mine is just plain old grey!
 
 
I headed up to the trail where we ride four-wheelers.
 
 
I walked over the trestle. First I looked toward the corner of the pasture.
 
Then I turned and looked toward the creek. It's pretty out there isn't it?

 
I walked back down the trail and down to the creek. We had lots of rain last week, so the creek has quite a bit of water in it. First I looked to the right.

 
Then, I looked to the left.
 
 
Jake, this is the big hill that you like to ride up on your four-wheeler. What do you think? Can you make it up in the snow?  Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could!  It doesn't look too steep, but we know it's pretty tough to walk up!
 
 
I walked around a while until my nose got cold and then headed back to the house.
 

As I came back into the pasture I noticed these bunny tracks. Can you see where they're headed.  Yep, right into the barn. I'll bet he's glad he has somewhere to stay that's dry!

 
I wish you were here! I'd throw a snowball at you! I threw one at Gramps, but he was on the inside looking out the door. Now, I have a round circle of snow frozen on the glass door!
 
I had fun in the snow! I hope you enjoyed seeing it!
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Great photos! We had more snow today on top of the huge amount already on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the grandsons enjoy the post as much as I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures looked great! I hope next winter you put another one on your website. We really liked those pictures. Thank you for doing them this winter. From: Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome, Aaron! I wish you had been here to play with me or me over there to play with you!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a wonderful hike. Visiting from Groupies of Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know, I'm not a 'winter person' {one reason being all the bundling up in clothes that you mentioned!} but ... I love the sight of full creeks running through snow banks. I find it mesmerizing. Great photos, and glad you got some snow. We didn't get what was forecast, I think you got it instead. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for taking me along on your fun outing in the snow!! I really miss the snow -- we are finally getting some in our mts this weekend. Your photos are lovely, especially the one with the view heading down the pasture. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, snow for you! Thank you for taking us on that lovely walk, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh "Gramma, thank you for sending us the pictures. We hope we see you soon. I really like the pictures Gramma. My favorite picture was the bunny trail. Could you please tell Aaron we want to see him soon."

    Drew "Gramma, I like the pictures that you send. My most favorite picture was the bunny trail going into the barn. Love, Drew."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh, Glad you liked the pictures. I'll tell Aaron you want to see him. I know he wants to see you too and ride bikes!

      Drew, I liked the bunny trail, too! The other day I actually saw the bunny hop into the barn!

      Delete
  9. I bet it could make it up the hill but it would spin ALOT. Plus with the snow on the ground it might even get stuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jake, you're right it might spin, but it would sure be fun to try!

      Delete
  10. What is it about snow that makes us feel like children again?! I like those bunny tracks and had to laugh about that snowball you threw! Have a fun Sunday! We seem to be getting a snowless winter... so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always fun taking a walk with you especially when I don't have to get all bundled up and get cold. I will let you do that and I can sit in my recliner and enjoy the view. Awesome view from where I sit Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you enjoyed your "white stuff". It does make the familiar magical.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see somebody else's snow and somebody who was excited about it. I do think you are probably a bit overdressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially enjoy these posts that you do for your grandsons. So much fun to read the story you narrate for them - and beautiful photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you enjoyed your snowy walk--you certainly ended up with lots of great photos. A little bit of snow is fun, but after growing up in North Dakota and Montana and then living in New England for many years, I'm just as happy not to deal with it anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!