100 Day Project 2021

Friday, August 28, 2020

I Love Libraries

With school starting it makes me think of reading, writing, and 'rithmatic. Reading makes me think of books, which makes me think of libraries, which makes me think of a special library in Norman, AR. The Norman Library once held the Guinness Book of World Record’s “Smallest Library” title. It’s a small building sitting all by itself on a two-city-block square. Measuring only 14’ X 14’ it holds over 2,000 books and two computers.


A little history of the building. It was originally built as a pump house, that pumped water from the Caddo River up to a water tower east of town. In 1939 the garden club obtained Works Progress Administration funds to beautify the town square. Permission was granted to turn the pump house into a library.


A rock wall of native stone was built around the square and native trees and flowers were planted. I love the rock wall. It’s the same height all the way around, so to get into the square you must climb steps to the top of the wall and go down steps on the other side.


I admit I did it more than once! Small things make me happy!


The library wasn’t open, but thankfully there were large windows to take pictures through, hence the reflections.


Imagine my surprise when I read the title of the book which was placed on a deep windowsill, Through the Lens, perfect title for me.


A quiet place to read since many of the buildings around the square are abandonded.


Jerry and I laughed over the name on this small building Jay Bird's Auto. Jerry had a very close uncle named Jay. His nickname was Jay Bird! 


I hope you enjoyed another little bit of Arkansas. It's a fascinating state if you get out and explore! 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the story Cathy - the library looks charming and the rock wall super. It is so nice to see these bits and pieces that you share as I will probably never get to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little library and I like the brick walls and the whole style of the building which is so inviting to go in and browse. Yes, the title of the book in the window is perfect. You must tell us if you go back when the library is open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming "little" library. I like libraries to and reading. Neat pictures of the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a teeny tiny library! I love the stone in that wall. I think I may have read that book....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, isn't that the most charming library?! I would love to work in a teeny library like that--I so miss the contact with the library patrons that I had for almost 30 years as a librarian. I bet you'd really get to know your patrons in a tiny place like this one. Thanks for the wonderful photos, Cathy--and I wish you a Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to share my testimony on how Dr.Wealthy help me to get back my husband who left me some months ago we have been married for the past seven years now and no problem between me and my husband, but eight months back my husband suddenly change and be against me, but i am still confusing because i did not no were i have done wrong, but really i love him and we already have a male child and i can not just leave him and go with the child, then i try so hard to make sure that i get him back, i contacted two spell caster but they were not been able to help me, someone introduce to Dr.Wealthy on a blog also this man helped her long time ago, and also gave me his email address, i mail him but i did not get a respond from him on time, after some time i get a respond from him and when i get a respond from him them i explain every thing that is happening between me and my husband to him and he promise to help me out, he told me what to do and also what will be use in casting the spell, then i provide everything he ask of me, after three day time my husband who did not want to see me near him come to me and go on his knee begging me for forgiveness, i have no choice than to forgive him, since months now we have been together with more love and respect, please you will need to get a solution from him in any kind of your problem, he will also help you out in getting your ex lover back to you, email him on: wealthylovespell@gmail.com WHATSAPP +2348105150446 blog; http://wealthyspellhome.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!