100 Day Project 2021

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Break Is Over


Hello there!!
What was supposed to be an August beak
turned into a little more than that.
No real reason, just what happened.
I'll catch you up on the last seven weeks.
It won't take very long,
it was a slow time as I spent most of it indoors!!
Here's what I did when I occasionally ventured outside . . . 


watched reflections as I chatted with my sister . . .


spent some wonderful "water" time with family . . .


searched for the last summer flowers . . .



enjoyed the car show at Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Arkansas
(our car is the red one, 1943 Ford five-window coupe)


kept a close eye on our buckeye tree trying to beat the squirrels to the buckeyes . . .


visited a different library and discovered a nature trail . . .


anxiously looked for signs of fall and cooler weather . . .


and started dreading the raking of the leaves!
I couldn't pass up the sad face on this particular leave.
Maybe it didn't really want to float to the ground!

That's about it in a nutshell!
I did do a few other things, but I'll save those for another day.
So glad to be back!
So glad you stopped by!!




4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had some good times this summer Cathy. You got some nice photos and I like the leaf with the sad face - you have a great eye. I took a break from blogging too but have yet to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure enjoyed your photos. I liked the sad leaf. Waiting to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you back, Cathy! Loved the photo essay of your past weeks--looks like a beautiful time down south :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! - I completely understand how a short blogging break turns into a longer blogging break (I do that a lot...) I'm glad you enjoyed this slow time - summers are made for that. It looks light autumn is coming your way, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!