100 Day Project 2021

Monday, August 28, 2017

The Good, The Random, The Fun - No. 3

I can't believe how fast summer has past. Schools have already been in session for two weeks, the air is a little cooler, and leaves are starting to fall. I've almost survived another Arkansas summer. I'm grateful this one has not been extremely hot and there has been nice breezes and plenty of rain. I don't normally enjoy summers. In fact, summer is my least favorite time of the year, but I did enjoy this summer. Of course, part of that enjoyment was being able to get out with my camera and having some good, random fun!


The Good
I spend a much needed photography day with my sister and sister-in-law.



The Random

Mushrooms don't always grow vertically, sometimes they grow horizontally.



The Fun
I celebrated the Great American Eclipse with my cereal box pinhole projector and a special treat of Cosmic Brownies!



Linking with




7 comments:

  1. We've been in a crisp weather pattern up here too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, ha! I think your random photo looked like fun too - lol nice work Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo outing with the other two ladies sounded lovely and the view was fantastic! I love the sideways growing mushroom and your shadow with the pinhole projector!!
    It's still sweltering here, but the storms are on their way and also a drop in temperatures by the end of the week ... then all those sun worshipers will start complaining. I won't, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good that you had a nice time with your sister and sister-in-law. -Summer went by way to quickly - It's my least favorite season too, and here it was HOT with little rain.
    I miss Coleen during the day when school starts and the schedule changes to picking her up from school and such. - I love your Mushroom shot & how you celebrated the Eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have a getaway, no matter how long it lasts. Great photos, loving the little fungus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty pictures and I'm glad you survived another southern summer, Cathy! Our PA summer was way too cool and rainy. I'm sitting here in a fleece with all the windows shut on the first day of September. That's just not right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you always find the coolest stuff to photograph!!!

    our days and night are so cool, school doesn't start here until next week!!! have a lovely, long weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!