I was all ready for this new year to begin. I'd truly had enough of 2016! I had plans for 2017. I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish and projects I wanted to work on. I was ready for the new beginning. Well, here it is February and I've just been stuck. Stuck at doing very little. Just like this little feather, I'm getting nowhere!
I don't know what really when wrong with my plans. It could be the upheaval our world is in. It's so discouraging. Or, it could be the awful virus that Jerry and I have had since Christmas. No matter what we do, we can't seem to shake it. We've both been to the doctor, taken steroids and antibiotics for sinus infections, and we're still under the weather. My attention span is short and my "want to" is gone!
I decided to really look hard at January and at least find a few things I've accomplished.
- I've kept up my daily Bible reading. I read the New Testament last year and now I'm reading the Old Testament which is much harder. I can't pronounce all those names!
- I've posted four times on this blog and twice on Focus On Life. Here's a link to the two posts I wrote over at Focus On Life, if you'd like to read them. More Good Than Bad and The Beauty Of Winter.
- I've gone on four photography outings and that's a very good accomplishment!
- I've read a lot. There's nothing wrong with that.
- I've worked seven jigsaw puzzles. Yes, seven, with a head that's pounding that's about all I can do when I can't focus on reading!
Looking at the whole picture, maybe it hasn't been too bad. I am doing something, but I just seem to be muddling through with no direction or real focus; just wasting time. As I begin this month, I'm hoping for more purpose and more direction. I'm hoping a mighty wind will come by, blow out the cobwebs (and the virus), and blow me back on course!!
* * * * *
I'm linking today with Scene & Story hosted by Lee and Sarah.
Drop by Sarah's blog and check it out!
Join us each month as we choose a photo and tell a story.