100 Day Project 2021

Thursday, December 31, 2020

One Last Look at Christmas 2020

 

Here we are! New Year's Eve! I thought I'd get my last post of the year up and share a little of our Country Covid Christmas. I put up most of my decorations this year, but not all of them. I knew no one would be inside to see them, so I cut back a little. Not too much, just a little, as I really love my Christmas things! I had a special addition to my decorations this year. I inherited two nativity sets of my mother's. The first one below she painted in the early 1950's. You can tell they are a little dinged up, but they're still beautiful. She hasn't displayed them in several years as she received another set as a gift.

My sister visited Israel several years ago and brought back mom a lovely Nativity set carved from olive wood. There are so many pieces including the stable and they are beautiful. Since my sister has the same set, I was thrilled to be given this one!

Now on to our family Christmas celebration. It was wonderful, different but still such a blessing to have our family together. As we did at Thanksgiving, we stayed outside. I'm so thankful that the day was beautiful; sunshine and not too cool! We had the traditional meal with plenty of sweets. 

We even had a Christmas tree to put the presents under. Well, really around as it was a small tree! The boys didn't seem to mind where they opened their presents, outside was fine with them.  We were all grateful that we were able to celebrate safely together. 

During the month of December I did a little photo project with some of my ornaments. I took them with me whenever I was out and about. Some of the pictures were taken in my yard, but several were taken in random places where I happened to be. I enjoyed finding the perfect spot for them.

  

  
  
  
  


  


With the twinkling of an eye this year has gone. 2020 is a year we will always remember. It was a year with hardships and sorrows, but also one that taught us many things like appreciating what we have and not taking things for granted. One of the ways I survived this year was the practice of gratitude for the large things and for the most insignificant. I plan to keep on being grateful each day of 2021. I am blessed over and over!

My wish for you on this last day of 2020 is that you and your loved ones will have a peaceful, joyful 2021!


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog entry with all your family, Cathy! How lovely to celebrate with them all, the same way you did at Thanksgiving. It doesn't even look cold! I love your first decoration at the top, the Nativity groups and seeing all your fabulous stitching that you took out and about to take the photos! Your red cloths are so cheerful and you look so well and happy, Cathy!
    Wishing you and your whole family and Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! It was a special Christmas to all of us. I did enjoy taking my ornaments around. I even took them to a couple of cemeteries where I knew there were possibilities for a place to hang them!

      Delete
  2. All so charming Cathy. Wonderful ornaments in just the right places and so nice to see that you were able to have a family gathering. Best wishes for a wonderful 2021

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you and yours have a wonderful new year!

      Delete
  3. Well, what a treat to see all of those beautifully stitched and finished ornaments, Cathy! And what a fun way to photograph them, too. You are very talented!

    And what a great group of handsome grandsons you have there--looks like a Christmas none of you will ever forget. Wishing you and your family all the best in 2021 and I look forward to seeing more lovely photos and ornaments from you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great Christmas celebration. I love your idea of taking the ornaments to various places and photographing them. You have some really neat ones. Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!