100 Day Project 2021

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Scavenger Hunt



At the beginning of April an online photography friend, Mary, put together a scavenger hunt of things to find in or around your home while in isolation. The prize was lunch with her once we were past this stay-at-home time. That's a little impossible for me since she lives in South Carolina, but I decided to play the game anyway!

She had a list of 20 items.  I spent one day finding and photographing them. I did a little tweaking on some prompts to get all 20. I didn't feel I was cheating since I couldn't win the prize anyway!



a white rock - I have so many I couldn't choose just one. For a while now, when I go to new places, I've been picking up a small white rock and collecting them in a jar. My jar runneth over!

a regular #2 pencil - I've been journaling a lot more during this Corvid 19 pandemic. This is historic and who knows, maybe someday someone will read my words.

a shot glass with words - This one I changed since there are no shot glasses in our house. This little measuring cup was close enough in size.

a fancy belt buckle - Not fancy to most folks, but it was to my Grandfathers. He was a crane operator for a construction company. I never saw him operate his crane, I wish I had.



a tea strainer - I don't drink tea, so there's no need for a strainer. I substituted metal strainers.

a cup with words on it - I have a coffee cup with "Noel" on it. That will have to do!

a button on your clothes with decoration or words - This prompt was hard. I hadn't realized that I don't wear many clothes with buttons on them.

your favorite book on a shelf - My favorite children's books are old readers that I remember from childhood.





your prom photo - I grew up in a home with very strict rules. I wasn't allowed to go to the prom. To substitute for prom night our church gave a senior banquet. The young man in the photo later became my husband.

a handkerchief - I'm not sure who this handkerchief belonged to. It was either my dad's or my grandfather's.

something with lace - This is the front of a photograph album I made for my mom many years ago. I've always loved the crazy quilt look.

a high school ring - My senior ring designed by our high school principle.




an Easter decoration - I haven't put out Easter decorations in several years. This year, though, I just needed to display something joyful.

something made from yarn - A pretty afghan crocheted by my mom.

a piece of chocolate - These are the last pieces of chocolate left in the house!

a card you got in the mail - I stretched this one a little bit and used postcards that were my mom's.




something with stripes - My new hummingbird feeder.

a dandelion or other kind of wildflower growing - There's never a shortage of dandelions around here!

something yellow - One of my sweet bears.

a spiderweb - The spiders seem to be loving my Hostas this year. Their webs are catching a lot of pollen strings.




This scavenger hunt was such a fun thing to do and occupied my whole day. The other thing that brings distraction from his time of stay-at-home is working jigsaw puzzles. The last one I finished is of a lovely quilt shop. It was fun to work although I wasn't sure about the five cats I found in the quilt shop! All I could think about was cat hair on all that lovely fabric!

I hope that you are safe and that you're finding fun things to do each day. We all need a little distraction!

Praying for you all!
Wash your hands!
Be safe!



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog entry, Cathy! I loved the wonderful flower right at the top. What a fabulous colour. I also love the beautiful and intricate puzzle at the bottom! How lovely seeing a picture of you and your husband when you first started going out and that lovely one of you with your high school ring. Wonderful to see your mum's crocheted afghan, I bet you treasure that.
    So nice to visit you here and reconnect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed spending the day looks for the items on the list. It was such a great distractions. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That was a fun post! I think the scavenger hunt was a good way to pass the time and showcase your great photography skills! I wish I had some jigsaw puzzles - that looks like a nice idea for keeping busy. Love all the quilts! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word what a lot of things to find and photograph! I don't think I would be able to fill even half of those prompts. The puzzle just blew me away; I have never been a puzzle fan and that one would be so far beyond me I wouldn't even take it out of the box - lol. Thanks for sharing your 'adventures' Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been such fun to hunt down each object, Cathy! You did a wonderful job of photographing each one, too. I especially love the photo of you and your husband--so very sweet and so lovely that you are still together with kids and grandkids after all these years. Hope you are hanging in there with the lockdown--better days will be here soon, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!