100 Day Project 2021

Monday, September 2, 2019

Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt - 5th post

* watch a sunset/sunrise - share it with the one you love *

Recently Jerry and I drove our 1934 Ford car to a vintage car show in Kentucky. Each morning, in order to get a "great" spot, you had to get to the event area very early. No kidding, with over 12,700 cars registered for the show, parking would have been a problem if we'd waiting until later in the morning! Anyway, each morning we sat eating our breakfast watching the sunrise.


* adventure with a friend *

My two best friends are also my sister and sister-in-law. We try very hard to go somewhere together as often as possible. It seems lately that we haven't had much time to get together, but this day we were determined! We went to my favorite farmer's market, Me & McGee. We filled our baskets with all kinds of delicious fruits and veggies.


* visit a farmer's market/farm stand - favorite fruit or vegetable *

There's no question that my favorite summer vegetable is okra. Okra dipped in buttermilk, rolled in flour and then deep fried. Delicious!


* taste some summer treats - find some typography *

The farmer's market was a good place to find several of the prompts. We ate lunch there at the Crepe Coop food truck. I've never had a meal in a crepe, only desserts. I tried the Pesto Crepe, which was delicious, and then topped the meal off with a Peaches and Cream Crepe! Yummy!


 * Wash your car - car wash or by hand *

My car is dirty, very dirty, but it's much to hot and humid to wash the car. While my grandsons were here they were playing with cars on the living room floor. That's when I got the idea to wash a small car. I will say this, my grandsons no longer play with this little yellow and red car, they play with the hot wheels and monster trucks.


* find or create sidewalk art *

Sidewalk art was a little hard to find. I first thought of places where children might draw pictures on the sidewalk, but the parks I visited didn't have any. Then by pure chance I saw a Facebook post that mentioned Drain-Art. I found some drains that were painted and since we can loosely interpret the prompts anyway we want, I thought it would do. It is at the end of a sidewalk! I was surprised to learn that there are 86 painted street drains in the three cities closest to me. Drain Smart is a public-education/environmental program that uses art to communicate the function and importance of local storm drains. It gives artists the opportunity to express themselves via semi-permanent public art in a serious of outdoor storm drain murals. The art also serves to educated the public on local water quality protection.


I'm going to be looking for some more of these. So far I've found four.

* * * * *
There's one more post coming up with the final five prompts for this scavenger hunt!
See you in a few days!



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunrise and how lovely to share it with your husband and eating your early breakfast! The drain art is beautifully colourful and creative. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos Cathy and all of them so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!