100 Day Project 2021

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Tulip Extravaganza


I love the way spring spreads itself out over several weeks. First we enjoy the early bulbs, like jonquils and crocus. Next, we enjoy the tulips. And enjoy them, I did, along with my sister. We spent several wonderful hours slowly strolling through Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs, AR.



We were a little early to see the daffodils in full bloom (see post here) and a little late to see the tulips. The recent frosty mornings had damaged the delicate petals, but since there were over 150,000 tulips planted we had plenty to enjoy! This post doesn't need a lot of words, just walk along the paths with me.




The previous days hard rain had so many of the tulips bowing their heads under the weight of water drops.


You know I can't resist getting in close to see all the amazing details! The fringed tulips were breathtaking, not only unique, but such a lovely color.



Tulips weren't the only things blooming.


The Koi pond is a favorite place for visitors, especially the little ones. Sometimes you have to wait a little bit to get a picture with no one in it.


We ended the day with the peaceful sound of water cascading over rocks.

Next spring event . . . the azaleas!!



4 comments:

  1. These are all so wonderful Cathy. We don't have a lot of stuff blooming in our area yet and nothing at all im my yard so your pictures are doubly welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous flowery post. My favourite tulips are in the second shot with the red an pink together. I also love the winding path with tulips on either side underneath the trees! The water features are lovely too. What a marvellous place to walk, I enjoyed joining you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 150,000 tulips! Oh how wonderful that must have been, Cathy! Tulips are my favorite spring flower and ours are not blooming yet. In fact, our daffodils are just now coming out. Your close-ups of the flowers are wonderful as is the waterfall. What a lovely walk you shared with us today--thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I have never seen a fringed tulip before. We haven't been to the gardens at any other time than Christmas. Looks like I need to give Spring a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!