100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

It Snowed!


I had no intention of being absent from my blog all month!
My excuse is a simple one,
we've been very busy!
So, now I need to do a little catching up.



We had an early snow!
Across the state snow was falling.
Within 40 miles snow was falling.
I almost got in the car to go see the snow!
I didn't though, I waited and waited;
watching the windows as I went about my day.

Finally, I saw flurries!


The snow fell steadily for several hours.
The bushes and trees reminded me of children
stretching out their mittens to capture the falling snow.



It's not too often that you're able to see two seasons at once,
Don't they go beautifully together?


The next morning brought sunshine.


I stood for a very long time watching the wind blow the snow
and leaves out of the trees.
It was magical!


This was a quick snowfall.
Arrived in the afternoon.
Left before noon the next day.
It was just enough to make me wish for more.
You know me,
I. LOVE. SNOW!


"The first fall of snow
is not only an event,
it is a magical event."
~ unknown


5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Cathy. And, yes it is nice to see two seasons at once - you captured it wonderfully! I like snow to look at but don't like having to shovel it or drive in it - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty photos of your snow, Cathy! I know you don't get it often so it must seem truly magical to you. We have some know, but it is quickly melting... I just hope we get enough to have a white Christmas this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful photos of your first snowfall, Cathy. Very magical indeed! Such beautiful lighting you've captured here showing up the lovely leaves in the snow! We are still waiting for our snow! We don't usually get much before January. It seems to come later and later each year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow, too! You took some beautiful photos - I really love the two seasons in one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snow pictures are lovely! We had brief snow, but unfortunately, it didn't last nearly long enough. I also love the time when fall and winter mix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!