It's been almost a month since I've written here and that isn't like me at all. Family and other activities have kept me busy through the month of June and into July. Here's a short synopsis of what's been going on around here.
1. A trip to my daughters where all the cousins were together for playing, swimming, a little basket ball practice, treats to keep us cool, and lots of laughter and good times.
2. Two different cars shows in one day with Old Red our 1940 Ford truck. Both had crafts and booths for me to wander through while Mr. H wandered among the vintage cars.
3. The highlight of the month was riding the Arkansas Missouri excursion train with our grandsons. We can be quite the rowdy bunch when we're together. It's hard to keep boys still and quiet, so we were thrilled when we found the lounge of the Silver Feather touring car empty. It was just waiting for us. Instead of regular train bench seats, there were two couches, two tables with chairs and plenty of room for loud, active boys. It was a wonderful ride.
4. An afternoon with Mr. H and my sister traveling through four counties photographing courthouses, ghosts signs, and historical buildings.
5. Attending a history tour with the Arkansas Preservation Program at All Souls Church in Scott, Arkansas. The community was too small when this church was built in 1906 to have a building for each domination. The women of the community decided one church building would work. Preachers of different faiths alternated Sundays. The church is still in use and is now a nondenominational church.
6. A short hike with our grandsons to see a waterfall. It was way too hot to hike any further. They cooled of by playing in the water below the falls.
7. After the hike we picnicked and swam at Lake Catherine State Park. It was a perfect summer day.
8. And lastly we ate at the boys favorite restaurant, All Aboard, where a train runs around the ceiling delivering your food right to your table. There's even a Thomas The Tank Engine train table for playing after the meal. The food was great, but we'd eat there even if it wasn't, just to see the trains running. These boys love trains.
That's about it.
I'm tired, but it's a good tired.
July seems to be slowing down, so I can rest up and stay inside where it's cool. But, I will miss the good times with my five guys!
Hope you're having a great summer!