100 Day Project 2021

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A Year In The Making


Last December right about this time I set a goal for 2018. My goal was to cross stitch one Christmas ornament each month. I'm here to say . . . I DID IT!! Actually I exceeded that goal. I stitched 16 ornaments this year; nine for my tree and seven as gifts.

Here's a look at my 2018 Christmas ornaments . . . 


JANUARY
Toyland Sleigh
(Mill Hill)


FEBRUARY
Frosty Flakes
(Little House Needleworks)


MARCH
Quaker 9
(Kelmscott Designs)


APRIL
Chickadee Winter Welcome
(The Sweetheart Tree)


MAY
Tree Farm
(Little House Needleworks)


JUNE
Snow Forrest
(Just Nan)

In July I began stitching ornaments for my family. Each year I stitch one for each of my five grandsons. The oldest grandson now has a collection of sixteen ornaments that I've stitched. I also stitch one for my daughter’s and son’s family trees. My choice this year for the boys was Freezing Season which you can see below.


JULY
Freezing Season
(Foxwood Crossings)

In JULY I stitched the second Freezing Season.


AUGUST
Season's Greetings
(Little House Needleworks)
and the
third Freezing Season


In SEPTEMBER I stitched the fourth Freezing Season.


OCTOBER
In October I stitched the fifth Freezing Season. I also stitched a modified Freezing Season for me. While stitching the five ornaments for my grandson I made a huge mistake on one of them. I usually stitch at night while Jerry watches television. There must have been a good show on that night because when  I picked up my stitching the next night, I realized I had completely left off the section with the word Freezing in it! SO, I started another one for the boys and then finished this one for me without the words!


NOVEMBER
Warm Hands Warm Heart
(Just Cross Stitch Magazine)

I stitched two Warm Hands Warm Heart, one each for for my daughter's and son's family trees.


DECEMBER
Star Of Wonder
(Homespun Elegance)

Cross stitching is something that was moved to the back burner several years ago. I have enjoyed picking up my needle and stitching again this year. Pushing needle through thread is rhythmic and quite relaxing. I have several ornament charts already lined out for next year, but I'm not sure I'll push for one each month because I have run across several other charts in my stash that I'd like to stitch.

The inspiration behind my year of stitching ornaments came from Carol who has been stitching monthly ornaments for nine years. Not only is she a wonderful stitcher, but she has wonderful ideas for finishing her ornaments. If you would like to see her 2018 Parade of Ornaments please visit her blog.

Thank you for stopping by
and
Merry Christmas!



7 comments:

  1. All your ornaments are so beautiful, Cathy! Well done for going beyond the goal you fixed yourself this year! They are all gorgeous and so well stitched and finished. I love them all, but I have a special soft spot for three of them: February's Frosty Flakes, November's Mitts and December's Star of Wonder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! Frosty Flakes is my favorite, but it's a close call between it and the mittens!

      Delete
  2. These are fabulous Cathy. My mother-in-law used to do this kind of work but I always figure that I wouldn't have the patience for it (even though I quill and do other time consuming media - lol). Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm SO glad you posted all of your ornaments, Cathy--they are truly beautiful and I'm so glad you met (and exceeded!) your goal. Well, done. I think my favorite is December--such a lovely finish!

    Glad to have inspired you just a bit! I hope that, if I'm ever blessed with grandchildren) to stitch them an ornament each year, too. Merry Christmas to you and all of those great grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew????? I am a crosstitcher as well! And I have pulled mine out late this year after 10 years put away! Lovely work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - what a beautiful collection of ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!